Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, & Will


Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, Will, , Henrik, Luke, & Benjamin

est. 2005







Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas 2009




With a sick sleeping child, clean house, enough laundry done, Christmas presents ready to go, another hour before I need to start cooking (assuming we have power) and after months of "I want to start 'blogging' and journaling for our kids to read someday" here I am, joining the 'blogging' world. I wonder if its okay to write sentences that long in 'blogging world' :-)




Of course most people reading this will know, Brice and I have been married for 4 1/2 years, have a 1-year-old daughter-Gabrielle, a dog-Gypsy- we've had as long as we've been married, many farm animals that keep us busy, and a lovely place to live. I have an awesome job where on a daily basis I go home having learned a lesson of some sort from someone wiser than I. We are constantly in-over-our-heads busy, which I usually complain about greatly; yet daily I have a goal of whining less and being more positive. We are involved in our church, community, and are both pretty opinionated about everything! Overall, we love our life together :-)




Anyway, back to the title of this entry. This is the first Christmas Eve as far back as I can remember where I will not be attending church, as it has been cancelled. No traveling, occasionally no power, no one coming for supper. However, it is the least jam packed and rushed Christmas we've had in years! I am okay with that; as long as we can see family another time. We are blessed with good friends, who have offered us to stay with them in town if our power goes out again. We are blessed with utility workers trying to fix the power before the 40 mile an hour winds arrive. And we are blessed with each other, healthy, happy, just praying the rest of the tree in front of the house doesn't land in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment