This weekend has been one of much physical labor...I think we are already wishing for a weekend to rest up from the weekend!! Of course who doesn't usually need that?
Friday I spent a chunk of the afternoon re-arranging the living room. We don't have curtains in the living room yet, which makes the very little time we do spend watching TV difficult due to the glare on the screen. So, I was able to arrange that to be in a corner and the couch to be facing the window-a nice view of the pond while reading a book and drinking morning coffee! Also...a little more 'child friendly'. Our computer was just a little too tempting for Gabbie to play with, so its now in a corner where the cords and outlets are out of reach. Saturday was spent weaning baby calves-always a fun job-and moving the remainder of the items from upstairs to the livestock trailer for temproary storage. Good thing we had a 3rd person to help. I handed the items out the window to Brice, who handed them down to his friend Brandon to load into the trailer. Somehow amongst the trim pieces, closets (everything is being saved to put back in later) there were also 3 bed frames and 3 or 4 matressess, which need to find homes before the mice use them as a home, and a few chairs. Other furniture is sitting in corners of the main floor, and memorabilia items went in places of the basement we are hoping water does not find. I have a problem with the cluttered look...I feel I did a good job this weekend of making lots of things look like they belong...
Doesn't it look like the middle of the dining room is a good place for these items? :-)
The tractor in the front yard seems normal after a messy winter and now house projects!
I do love our house, but I will be glad when we can spread out a little by using the upstairs. I am mostly looking forward to not having to tip-toe around while Gabbie is sleeping, maybe we'll be able to manage a consistent bedtime before 9:00pm and a happier child in the morning? Its worth a try!
We attended a couple graduations on Saturday night...Gabbie decided she was going to steal someone else's food. Guess we hadn't fed her enough?!
Sunday was a day of yardwork, and I was glad Brice did the majority of this today. He is much better with the lawn mowing and trimming than I am. I'm usually a little hesitant of hitting something. Gabbie and I spent some time in the garden-I don't have those pictures downloaded yet. I would go down a row with the hoe and she would follow next to me! I lost a few onions in the process, but I'm not going to scold someone who likes hanging out in a garden with me.
I was also able to get a long run in thanks to Brice's mom watching Gabbie. I think it was a little over 9 miles. Its been difficult to stick with the training for the upcoming Dam to Dam with my knee pain and our crazy schedule and the windy conditions making running with the stroller difficult. So today was a good confidence builder, as I even did it non-stop. Those long runs are good for gathering and organizing thoughts, relaxing, and coming home a happier and better Mommy and wife! It would probably be easier to just drink a few glasses of wine, but so far the running mode seems healthier.
Here's to a great upcoming week, continued progress in the field, and a continued safe and healthy Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment