Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, & Will


Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, Will, , Henrik, Luke, & Benjamin

est. 2005







Saturday, November 13, 2010

Snow Day!

I knew this was going to be a great day when Gabbie woke up at around 2:30 a.m. I stubbled through the dark and realized, it was truly dark, and the house was a bit cold. No electricity!! I was pumped-the power being out could not last past today, so we were in for a fun filled day of going no where and instead coloring, snuggling, laundry folding, napping, reading, etc. The only downside I could see was not getting my morning coffee. Well, somewhere around 8 a.m. it came back on. The day still looked great-I looked out the window and could tell that 10 inches or so of snow meant we were going to be able to stay home for the first time in weeks! I always laugh at how I look on days like this. 10 years ago I would not have let Brice catch me dead with no make-up on and frizzy hair, and now I look forward to such days. So far we have had a dance party, made bars, made bread, tried to catch a mouse, colored, read books, and I'm working on our massive pile of laundry. The best part-Gabbie and I are still in our PJ's.

The duck and geese blazing a trail

I'm really wishing I had gotten my roses and other plants 'winterized' before today!

Brice has been the entertaining part of my day so far. I was supposed to work at a craft fair today, then go see home health clients. He said "no way, you'll never make it out of the driveway". No arguments from me. He decided to try some bow hunting at the neighbors and saw "tons of deer". Apparantly he ran out of some needed materials and after dinner asked what I thought of him going to Carroll. I said "whatever" (meaning, I am not going to help you if you get stuck). He said he would take his car. After he saw it was piled with snow up and over the headlights and past the bumper he said he'd take my van instead. Gabbie and I had to watch this show from the window. I bet he had to go in reverse/drive/reverse/drive 15 times before he made it down the driveway. Gabbie was waving at him saying "Bye Bye", he'd wave back, then get stuck. We kept watching and seemed it took him an extra long time to get from the driveway to the highway (we couldn't see through the trees). I stood there thinking of a title, like "The determination of a man and his van", and laughing at the irony that I can not make it to work, but he can make it to Carroll to buy recreational hunting supplies. He is currently out enjoying this wonderful weather. And by the way, the van is currently stuck about 30 feet from the garage. At least he made it that far!

Another fun part of today-shoe shopping. I 'need' a new pair of boots. Yesterday I received my first ever check from Brice, wages for helping on the farm. He asked what I was going to buy with it. I said "mostly save it, but I could use some new work boots". I think he really belives that these are boots to help on the farm. But they are boots for me to wear to work (not on the farm).

Finally, this video from today cracks me up-the part where I ask Gabbie if I can use the "Sit-and-Spin". Maybe its not as funny as I think it is...at the time I totally felt the "duh Mom" look going on.

1 comment:

  1. This is great... I think she actually gets a little bit of an eye roll in there too!

    ReplyDelete