Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, & Will


Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, Will, , Henrik, Luke, & Benjamin

est. 2005







Saturday, February 12, 2011

Home Improvement

Well, I think we officially have half of the house 'gutted'. This project has been a year in the works already...we are hoping its mostly done before summer starts! Moving Gabbie into our room has not helped anyone's sleeping habits...she regularily gets up at 4:30 and sleeps in our bed. I like to get up between 5:00-5:30, so she thinks she can too. Brice is having to deal with it more than I since I've been sleeping on the couch for a month dealing with the stomach flu, respiratory crap, and acid/reflux. Here are some pictures:

Gabbie is suddenly interested in 'water' and 'dishes'. This has been very handy for me lately. When I don't feel well and want to rest the 'dishes' keep her entertained for a good half hour.

What Brice is calling our "Japanese hotel". He is becoming a pro at organizing lots of furniture into few rooms :-) It is quite congested, however I have stayed in a Japanese hotel and it is not nearly this roomy. Too bad that was 10 years ago in the days of 'film' cameras, so I have no picture to post!

We had an obstacle course in the kitchen for awhile, but this carpet has since been put away. Gabbie enjoyed walking it like a tightrope walker!

Don't even try to come in the front door...

Brice's "office" :-)

Plenty of seating...

I took this while Brice was gutting the ceiling and south wall in our office; obviously the dust was still flying. He worked hard and within a week the room was gutted and cleaned up, ready for the carpenter and electrician.

I took this mess in stride until a few days ago. I've been fighting a respiratory bug for over 2 weeks, which got much worse this past week. I could get through a day at work, then was so tired I didn't even get up for supper. I got short of breath in WalMart trying to buy our basics, and one night an ear infection became so painful we thought about a trip to the ER. Luckily we found an online home remedy to get us through until the next day! I was given 3 medications and by Friday had minimal to no relief. Went back to the doctor and was told that the ear and sinus infections were 'plenty nasty' and that I could expect at least 10 days to feel better. Today is the first day I've actually felt half way normal. I tackled the 7 mile 'lake walk' with a friend and helped Brice with chores. Its the first time in a week I've sat here at the computer to check e-mails and catch up on the ever important Hollywood news on people.com. I hope it helps me sleep well tonight! Anyway, now that you've heard all my complaining, this past Thursday I lost it with the mess in the house. I was convinced the dust in the house was keeping us from feeling healthy and demanded we clean up as much as we could. I had called in sick to work thinking I'd sleep, but the piled up dishes and dust were appearing in my dreams. So, Brice helped me a few hours and we got everything possible cleaned up, put away, and dusted. Whew...

That's all from here. We request that everyone pray for an early Iowa summer :-)

1 comment:

  1. Just 'checked-in' on your blog...must have been awhile because I didn't know you were expecting! Congratulations on #2!

    ReplyDelete