Here's what Gabbie got done during my 5 minute shower this evening: splashing in the toilet, pulled half the toilet paper off the roll, standing on her potty chair to rearrange the items around our bathroom sink, and found the garage door opener and managed to open and close the door before I got out to grap the device from her hand before she caused the door some problems!
So...I thought we'd go wear off some energy at the pool. The other Mom there (whose daughter was older than Gabbie but about half her size) thought Gabbie was so much fun and 'fearless'! Her daughter was so nervous in the water and did not like she she went under. Gabbie thought it was great to dunk her head under-and to climb the bars to the deeper part, and jump in off the edge (not totally on her own, I was standing in the pool, but she didn't hesitate!) If only this Mom knew how absolutely nervous it makes me to have a child that has no fear of the water...
So...then I think we can wear off some energy playing basketball. She stood in awe watching a girl who was about 9 or 10 years old shooting baskets. Too bad Gabbie couldn't even lift a ball above her head. Then she saw a group of boys playing ball and decided she needed to join. I don't think they were looking for an extra player!
Time to leave the rec. Not content to be carried she had to walk/jog on the way to the car. And she's still going strong now at 10 p.m, and I was ready for bed an hour ago! I need to tape nights like tonight when people ask me "when is number two on the way?" Probably when I start drinking Red Bull or some energy drink to get through!
No comments:
Post a Comment