Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, & Will


Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, Will, , Henrik, Luke, & Benjamin

est. 2005







Saturday, June 12, 2010

Expanding vocabulary

We can finally say Gabbie has some vocabulary after the past week! Here are the favorite words: Harper, Abby, and apple. Here are the things she refuses to say: Mom, Dad. Harper is the baby at daycare, Abby is the daycare providers daughter, and apple is just one of her favorite foods. We know she goes to an excellent daycare. I guess we just thought she'd start with the words we say the most at home!! Stubbornness, who knows where she would have inherited that from?
She is so well behaved lately (for a 19 month old!) She puts things back where she got them when instructed, helps in the garden, and is even sitting still a little longer in church. She's also frequently found sitting with a book and blabbing to herself as she turns the pages.
It is good that she is behaving well lately, as she has had to be a flexible child! My home health caseload tripled, so she is in and out of other people's houses with me in the evenings and tolerates it well. We spent Friday night packaging meat and she was able to entertain herself for 2 hours by playing in the garage and outside within our line of sight.
I have been utilizing her naptimes lately to catch up on the photo albums. I'm up to September of 2009, so getting closer! It has been fun to watch Gabbie grow in fast-forward as I put the pictures together. Everytime I advance another month I think to myself "and I thought we were busy then!"

A recent picture of Gabbie (a little 'greasy' looking as Brice would say, but that's what happens when we spend the day outside!)

No comments:

Post a Comment