We are making lots of progress with our upstairs remodeling project! Brice and I have put lots of hours in lately taking walls down (well, I did walls, he did the ceiling to accomodate each others height or lack of height) and now we are just doing final clean up (taking out nails, vacuuming). I am sure I could not do construction for a living, just judging by my physical soreness the past few weeks. On the other hand, it is so exciting to see a project progress. Here are some randomly selected pictures from the past few weeks...
Canning done for the year! Here is some of my work. I did several tomatoe sauce combinations, salsa, okra, pickles, apple butter, rhubarb sauce, beets, etc. The garden is still producing, just at a much slower rate and I know there won't be enough for any more preserving.
Gabbie and I were both pretty sure that the calf wasn't supposed to be at the end of the lane like that!
Taking a nap with her best bud :) And an apple in hand...
Such a good helper! Due to the dust we have not had Gabbie be our helper upstairs, however my phone was ringing downstairs and she thought she should bring it to me!
As long as I was on the phone, she may as well take over :)
She has started climbing her crib. I know its time to convert to a big girl bed...we'll work on that this week!
Headed up the stairs...
No more walls!
Makes quite a mess outside though...
The worst part of the whole project so far: I lost an earring Brice had given me for Christmas last year. Likely from either putting my mask on or taking it off. We both knew it was long gone :-( Oh well...guess he'll know what to get me this year, and he'd only have to buy one this time!
Hard to believe October starts this week! Looks to be a busy one...weddings, half-marathon, Race for the Cure possibly, craft shows, Halloween, and Gabbie's second birthday!!! Time to start practicing decorating a cake! Or better yet, call to have one made. This year she will be a spider for Halloween. It won simply because it was $1 at a garage sale this summer...I figure she'll be cute whatever she's wearing! Probably would be good if we fit harvest in there somewhere too :-) Happy (and safe) Fall to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment