Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, & Will


Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, Will, , Henrik, Luke, & Benjamin

est. 2005







Thursday, July 21, 2011

One Month Countdown!

I can hardly believe we only have a month until Child #2 makes his/her arrival! Knowing what I know now, I am going to say over a month...I swore Gabbie would be an early baby and I was wrong about that. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and we pray that we continue to be blessed with good reports! I feel pretty good, and the baby moves frequently.

Since my last post I am happy to say we have officially 'moved in' to the remodeled part of our house. It took the help of several people, but we did manage to get our bed upstairs. Gabbie quickly adjusted to a 'big girl' bed, and tonight I set up the crib (partially...) for the baby. I say partially because I had converted the crib at one time to a 'day bed' for Gabbie, and now I can not find all of the parts to convert it back to its original form. Will be time to do some searching this weekend...
I am finally feeling a sense of normal in our house again. After nearly a year of furniture scattered in the house, piles of dust from construction, and cobwebs in corners I could not reach, I feel like the house looks presentable again. I have spent a lot of time the last couple weeks putting things away, dusting, organizing, and regrouping. I will be happy to not be spending spare time on projects in the house and return to a time when busy was keeping up on cleaning and laundry. I just have one room left to paint, then we should be done for awhile.

Gabbie has been demonstrating her expanding imagination in our house :-) More frequently she asks someone to play with her, and the last few days have involved playing school, dress up, and dancing to the radio. Swimming is still the summer favorite. The past few weeks I had picked up some extra hours at a PRN job I do, a couple of the weeks ended up being 50-60 hours of work between my regular job and the added one. I realized that when I was pregnant with Gabbie putting in those hours wasn't bad. This time I feel more tired by the time I do that, then dance and play with a 2 year old! Maybe she's just trying to keep me and her little sibling in shape :-)

Here are some pictures of the past few weeks...with my new camera! I am loving it...

My Mom and I took Gabbie to the circus in Breda on the 4th of July. It was awful, but we had good entertainment from the young one. She had no interest in what was going on on stage. However at one point some pop music came on, and Mom and I look over to see Gabbie shaking her hips side to side while she held on to the bleachers!

4th of July fun at the park!

At Ryan and Tarin's house. Gabbie insisted on wearing her swim suit and white dress shoes. Quite the outfit...

Gabbie did not like the fireworks this year for some reason. I enjoyed that my camera took good shots of them :)

Brice's current project....hoping to have the building in use sometime in August. Not sure how he handles doing such hard work in this hot weather!

Playing with the camera outside. The yard has since been cleaned up. Wish the humidity would decrease so I could keep painting!

The nightly fun, blowing bubbles.

First night in the big girl bed! She has never tried to get out. Wish we could say potty training was going as easily!

I couldn't get a great shot of this as Momma Duck didn't want me to close. However her babies were hatching; very cute!

Gabbie's bucket of greens from the garden. She loves the broccoli! In fact, Brice was pretty annoyed one night when he came home for supper and the steamed broccoli was completely gone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment