We enjoyed company from Oregon for a week in August! Brice's cousin, Heidi, her husband Norm, and children Simone and Luca came to visit. Also joining was his aunt Joyce, aunt and uncle Carol and Gary, aunt and uncle Marjorie and Lynn, and aunt and uncle Phyllis and Paul. It was a great time, but it went too fast!
Having some muffins after church: Luca, Gabbie, and Simone.
Everyone got together for supper Sunday night.
I thought this was a funny picture of Gabbie!
Monday night Joyce was surprized for her birthday at Pizza Ranch. It was quite a crowd!
Had to wear off some pizza by going to the pool.
We joined the crew for a day at the State Fair, then they went back for a second day.
Heidi and Simone riding the pink tractor!
Gary said "I came all the way across the country to get my political views across". So he had to shake Newt's hand. We knew several of the republican candidates were going to be at the fair; I was looking for funnel cakes and gyros and didn't realize we were 10 feet from the famous Newt.
Brice asked the president "Please sir, can I have some more?" The folks in the Democratic booth enjoyed his humor. He then promised Michelle he would watch his diet and not eat greasy cheeseburgers.
The end of the day. Brice stuck with his yearly tradition and went and had a plate of nachos before we left. Gabbie had ice cream.
After the fair we went to the hotel to say fairwell to the Oregon visitors. Here is Simone, Gabbie, and Luca. I should have just kept my camera on the motion setting the whole week, as it was impossible to get a clear picture of the 3 of them otherwise since they were always on the move!
Cousins Heidi and Brice!
Random picture. Gabbie had just sat on the potty and got off of it on her own, but didn't let me pull her pants up for some reason. I had a rice pack on my neck as it felt stiff, so Gabbie felt she needed to take that off of me and re-warm it in the microwave first.
August has been flying by! My Mom helped me with some salsa canning this week and this weekend's projects included pickled beets and freezing peppers. We also now have our bathroom tile in place and painting done. Last night Gabbie participated in the Kiddie Parade at the Farm Festival, stopped at the petting zoo, and got to ride 1 ride before her behavior had tested my patience to the max and it was time to leave. She has been asleep for nearly 12 hours since we got home last night. Maybe its time for a 'fun free' weekend to get caught up on some rest!
We are of course also still waiting for the baby to decide when its time to make an appearance! I realized we hadn't taken a 'profile' picture in awhile. After having 2 random women approach me at the grocery store last week and say "you look like you are due any day" I have decided those words can speak for themselves. I can not complain as I am pretty comfortable other than an increase in swelling in my hands and feet the past couple of days and just a feeling of general fatigue (along with what I call the 'end of pregnancy lack of patience'...its my excuse for being okay with feeling extremely annoyed everytime someone says "haven't you had that baby yet!?!") I have a sort of nervous feeling, all the worries of will the baby be okay, how will Gabbie act, how good will hospital food be? :-) I do know I will be happy when I don't have to stand sideways to do dishes anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment