Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, & Will


Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, Will, , Henrik, Luke, & Benjamin

est. 2005







Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thanksgiving




Gabbie was already in Christmas mode after a trip to WalMart this week and commercials advertising all the most wanted toys of Christmas. This irritated me to no end. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I just can not raise a child who will give into the societal tendency to skip straight from Halloween to Christmas! We have plenty to do this weekend, but the next 10 days (basically up to Thanksgiving) already look pretty full on the calender. So this afternoon is all about Thanksgiving..the main event being making turkeys that include things we are thankful for (for which I am thankful to Pinterest for the help!) I underestimated my daughter. I was certain her list would include 'Spongebob', 'Dora', 'Thomas the train', 'Super Why', etc. But...she didn't do too bad! I prompted her to start with things she was happy to have. Her response was 'my room', then I just said what else or what next, and her list kept going. It included the following: Doors, Jodi (daycare provider), The Grandmas and the Grandpa, Books, Everyone, Juice & water, Storytime, Toys, Mirrors, Balls & Preschool & Dance, Scissors, Tory & Kenzie & Zander & Emmet & Mommy & Daddy & Will, Trees, Tucker, and Blankets. Not too bad! When we were done she said "Good idea Mommy!" Now we are going to finish our candy turkeys. We did start them earlier in the week (the reason for the trip to WalMart after dance the other night), but Gabbie was less interested in helping and more interested in eating Oreos. Today has been better so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment