1. Mommy, someday when I grow up I'm going to call you Melanie.
2. Fine! You aren't my best friend anymore! (to which I said 'I never was your best friend, I'm your Mom) Fine then! You aren't my Mom anymore! (to which I said 'that's too bad for you because I will always be your Mom) Fine then! This stinks!
3. Mom, the other day on Dr Oz he put a string in his mouth and then pulled it out (Brice asked her 'do you mean dental floss?') Oh yeah, that stuff. He put that stuff in and out of his mouth.
4. I'm not sure how it went, but I got an earful one day about "Daddy's chores" and "Mommy's chores". So that night I made sure she saw Brice pitching in to help with dishes and laundry.
5. When I grow up I'm going to marry Will but he's going to have to quit squealing.
6. I'm full, can I have some ice cream?
Some difficult-to-take things also come out. Such as "Why didn't I get to have a roller skating birthday party?" and "Why don't you have a Daddy?" and "Why don't I have my ears pierced?" She is becoming acutely aware of things others have that she doesn't, but doesn't seem to bothered by them. She prefers to wear a boy's winter coat and wears the same pair of shoes every day despite how worn they are getting. I hear her compliment other kids' shoes, coats, backpacks, etc. But luckily she doesn't ask for anything more than what she has as far as material things (I'm sure that day will come yet). And she doesn't argue when I tell her that it hurts to get your ears pierced, the roller skating rink isn't open during her birthday time, and seems happy to know that my Dad, who she never met, is in Heaven petting Gypsy (I can't take credit for that connection, those were her words).
Here she is at the dentist-I love the thumbs up! She got a great report from them and I'm happy her first trip there went so well.
A Valentine plate for G & G, Brownies on a stick, heart cookies, and an ILU card :) Still not sure why I thought the extra chewy brownies would hold up on a stick...the goal was to put them in a cup. It worked better in my head than in real time.
Got the Eggplant, Tomatoes, and Peppers started!
Awww you're pulling at my heartstrings with this post! Gabbie is a smart little cookie -- love her thoughts about your dad and Gypsy. *hugs*
ReplyDelete