Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, & Will


Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, Will, , Henrik, Luke, & Benjamin

est. 2005







Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Picture explosion!

These are in random order...but in summary: Gabbie's dance recital, trip to Des Moines for Dam to Dam and the Guard family day with my brother-in-law, and summer stuff :-)


Father son picture at the family day last Saturday.

She thought it was warm enough!

Family picture. I get to look crappy because my sister and I ran 12.4 miles and did not stop to shower before we went to the base :-)

A year ago this would have freaked her out. I don't think she knew who these characters were, but she posed for a pic anyway!

We were surprized she did this!

First Sunday School session last Sunday. I love how you mention school to kids and they assume they need a backpack

Monday she had to plan the menu from the book as well as write the items on her chalkboard. I actually could read that she wrote 'Chocolate Chip Cookies' so that's promising for school this fall.

I'm stuck!!

Cheeeese!

She was reading him a book. Sometimes they get along really good...most of the time they are pushing each others buttons

Time to hatch some eggs; there goes more of my counter space thanks to the incubater

Look what I did! I always find it a milestone when they can do a puzzle without help. For all I know he's been doing this, I just noticed it today

Family day, Brice and Jon

Thanks to Grandpa we got the training wheels on to give this a try. We have lots of work to do; she fell off 3 times the first go round. Doesn't help she has no attention to task

Flowers from Dance recital!

The Finale on Sunday night...most of the little ones in the front row were half asleep I think! 


With Kennedy

My view of the recital for 2 nights (Gabbie is second from the left)

Hundling Grandparents

With Jodi

Ready to perform!

G'ma Linda

Saturday night with Daddy

The Dancer and I
The class and their teacher getting ready to go onstage

This past Sunday Gabbie started T-ball. More proof she is our experiment child: she is the only one who showed up without a glove. Duh Mom!
6 years ago tonight Brice and I were not parents, and we were pulling an "all nighter" driving to Minnesota to get my sister and bring her home to plan our Dad's funeral. I was overwhelmed with phone calls of concerned friends, overwhelmed with the task in front of us of organizing a group of people who did not see eye to eye as well as try to honor the wishes of a man who obviously had not been well, plus do this in a matter of 3 bereavement days before I would need to return to work. I thought the next year was full of more difficulty than I thought one could handle as everyone went about the grieving process in their own manner, looking back now I think this was over several years-especially for myself as I think of my interactions with others and incorporating being a parent 1 1/2 years after Dad passed away. Today I am sad that he is not here to be with his grandchildren, but can honestly say I am happy and for once am not sad for the past or waiting for something in the future. I am confident he is enjoying the kids from his own seat in Heaven. And I am wishing someone would have told me 6 years ago how far we would come by this point...but what would be the fun of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment