Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, & Will


Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, Will, , Henrik, Luke, & Benjamin

est. 2005







Friday, January 18, 2013

Boredom...

Wow, I can not remember the last time I had the feeling of boredom! I actually didn't get off work until after 6pm tonight, thanks to a follow up eye appointment that took my afternoon off course. And I've barely been home half an hour. However, Brice picked up the kids from daycare and took them to visit some friends. So here I am in an empty quiet house! I can think of 10 productive things I could be doing, but its no fun without chatter in the background!
This week Will had the stomach flu. Brice's Mom watched the kids Sunday night while I did chores (so Brice could go on his "yearly entirely too short vacation" as I call it). Will started throwing up at that time, then again during the night. He ran a slight temp, seemed fine on Monday but I still kept him at home. He went back to daycare on Tuesday, threw up again on Tuesday night. Seems great since the last puking session! Too bad the "last puke" happened in his crib and was all over the wall, in the cracks of the floor, down his crib, through his sheets. I'm glad he is back to normal! We played outside the past couple days and he seems back to himself. I worked last weekend and thought Will seemed a little 'off', but attributed it to Brice and I being gone both days. I should have known better to think he was that attached to us! We have been blessed to avoid the respiratory crud so far this winter, so I hope we can keep that up!
The kids were scheduled for 'well child' checks on Monday anyway, so we went (as the nurse told me on the phone, 'its not like we haven't had sick people here all winter'). Here are the stats:

Gabrielle Heidi Hundling: apparantly thinks here middle name is Linda (so she tells the doctor). She weighs in at 38 pounds and is 3' 4.5". She is in the 75th percentile  for her height and weight. Very proportional! I was a nervous mama at her 2 year check up, where she didn't check off on all the skills for her age. I should have calmed down as she did fine at this one, had all the 4 year old skills and quite a few of the 5 year old. I still question who decides all that stuff to begin with anyway! We did not do a 3 year check up with her since she had been in the hospital in DSM and I knew she had had enough of doctors. I was nervous about this appointment, but she did fine and did everything the doctor asked her to do. Now we'll see how the dentist goes at the end of the month!

Wilhelm David Hundling: so tolerant of the doctor that its scary! I opted to delay his shots due to his stomach bug. He has 4 shots (3 of them would typically be combined into one-the Dtap I believe-but there is a shortage of the combo vaccine so they are all separate, which I prefer anyway). So the next 2 Mondays he will get those done. I also had to delay his hearing screen since his flu, so we'll do that next week also. He weight in at just over 24 pounds and was 32.75 inches long. He falls on the 50th percentile for both; very proportional also! He also checks off on all his skills except one...can you guess what that is?! The bottle of course. Doctors advice: keep trying. Sure, I bet that will be about as easy as potty training Gabbie was?

My computer is being difficult and not letting me add my pictures, so will have to try that later. Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment