Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, & Will


Brice, Melanie, Gabbie, Will, , Henrik, Luke, & Benjamin

est. 2005







Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday FunDay Marathon :)

I enjoy the holidays, but I also enjoy the part of winter where all of the Christmas decorations are put away, cards are sent, holiday running is done, and we can enjoy a Sunday at home! We can sleep in, go to church, and come home to a day with no schedule. I've been a little deficient with taking pictures of the kids lately. So today I kept the camera out while we looked for some fun 'Sunday' things to do! 
 
 
A fun 'science' experiement!
I kept some paper that had been in a package I'd ordered. We flattened it out today and started coloring on 10-12 feet worth of paper! Try hanging that on the fridge :)
 
The kids are able to help with laundry, or toss it on the floor
 
Why not use a magic marker to paint fingernails? Gabbie's justification: it will wash off easier than polish. Good point
 
Working on our letter/number skills and returning to 'menu planning' which we had become lax on since working on holiday leftovers. Now the fridge and freezer are cleaned out, so we can get back on track! I've been trying to involve Gabbie in choosing healthy/not healthy foods, so we picked some good stuff from the Taste of Home magazine today.
 
It all sounds good! It might not be fun tomorrow when we have to stop at the store in the 5 degree weather!
 
Photography lesson. Gabbie wanted to learn to use the camera, so she took some pictures. She took several of me making funny faces, then took pictures of everything in the living room. They weren't too bad!
 
We made pudding filled chocolate cupcakes, and licked the bowl (even though I was reminded it wasn't a healthy choice! Sometimes fun is healthy too)
 
Gabbie wanted to make Tucker a house. The holes are so he can see out :)
 
Sometimes you need a big fat Sunday nap
 
She was really good at peeling hard boiled eggs for potato salad. Those little hands are helpful!
 
I dominated a game of CandyLand-that's my blue guy at the castle!
 
Gabbie loved that I taught her how to make a 'farting noise' with the box!
 
Dad came in for a break from the cold and read a book
 
 
Kids Dance on the Wii! Good exercise at least!
 
 
Why yes, I'll eat my green beans out of the can! I was vacuuming and came downstairs and found him eating them this way. Not sure I want to know how he got the can off of the table...
 
Had to fit in a birthday party for Jennie (Gabbie's imaginary friend). It was a princess party, duh
 
 
At the end of the day when I asked them to clean things up I found them in the closet instead, playing with more toys. But its okay, Gabbie said. They were pretending and Will was her King. I had to debate if pretend play should trump following directions? They snapped into shape pretty fast when I turned the vacuum on an threatened to vacuum all the toys up. That works everytime. Wonder when they will get smart enough to realize that it isn't even possible. Until then I will use it to my benefit!
 
Another beautiful sunset! Now time to get everyone bathed and to bed for another week of work, school, and another attempt at Will's hearing check and shots! Next week Gabbie starts going to school 4 mornings a week! Yikes! The van hit 100,000 miles last month, we'll be at 200,000 before we know it! I should have listened when people told me the kids would get to be "a whole different kind of work" as they got older. At least when they were babies their social commitments were minimal and didn't require transportation arrangements! On the way home from church today Gabbie did tell me "Mom, someday I will get big and I will be able to drive your van". I should have recorded it because I doubt she'll find driving a van to school someday to be a fun thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment